List of Non-Recourse Lenders Providing Financing
for Self-Directed IRA and Solo 401k Retirement Plans:
North American Savings Bank provide loans in all 50 states. Founded in 1927, NASB now manages over one billion dollars in assets.
NASB offers a IRA lending program to help individual investors with their financing needs within IRA and 401k accounts. NASB lends up to 70% loan-to-cost on single family detached homes and 60% on all other residential properties (CA, AZ, FL, MI, OH, NV have a max 55% loan-to-cost).
The loan amount is determined by the property condition, cash flow, recent property history, and retirement reserves in the accounts. Loan decision can be obtained typically within 24 hours. Processing time is about 45 days from application date. NASB offers a 5 year ARM and a 25 year fixed.
- Minimum down payment is 30% of the purchase price. Insufficient cash flow or the condition of the property may require a larger down payment.
- The property must generate sufficient Net Operating Income (rents minus operating expenses) to exceed the debt payments by 20–25%.
First Western Federal Savings Bank is a nationwide non-recourse lender that helps their clients use their self directed retirement accounts to purchase real estate investment with leverage. They finance residential, commercial, and multifamily properties in all 50 states for Buy and Hold investors.
First Western Federal Savings Bank offers 25-year, fully amortizing loans with no pre-payment penalty and no balloon payments. The maximum LTV is up to 60% for 1-4 unit residential properties and 50% for larger rental and commercial properties. The loan amount can range from $40,000 to $800,000. Typically, loan decisions are made within 2 days, and processing time is usually 30 to 35 days from the application date.
- Minimum liquid reserves in the retirement account: 15% of the loan amount
- Net operating income exceeds debt payments by a minimum of 25%
Marshall Reddick Real Estate has been a prominent nationwide residential real estate firm since 1979. They provide private loan options for individuals and entities as well as non-recourse options self-directed retirement accounts. Both long-term, buy/hold and short-term, fix/flip loan programs are available. All loan programs offer fixed interest rates at very competitive, private/non-bank, rates.
Marshall Reddick Real Estate offers a spectrum of private fixed interest rate loan programs for non-owner occupied residential real estate. Their long-term, buy/hold program has 4 different loan options at 60% maximum LTV (based on appraisal) and they are one of the only non-recourse lenders in the country offering a 30-year fixed. All rates and terms can be found here: Buy & Hold/Non-Recourse. Their short-term, fix/flip program has 3 different loan options at 70% maximum LTV (based on after-renovation-value). All rates and terms can be found here: Fix/Flip or Fix/Refi.
First National Bank of America offers loans in all 50 states for 1-4 units residential properties. Loans for larger multi-family are available locally. Their maximum loan term is 10 years, with a max amortization of 20 years. First National Bank of America also offers rehab loans, refinances, and will consider loans under $50,000. Typical processing time is 30 to 45 days from application to close.
- 40% to 50% down payment available in the self-directed IRA
- The property must generate net operating income that exceeds debt payments by 20% to 25%
FirstBank offers excellent banking services and products, with a great focus on the investor community. After 50 years in the business, FirstBank has grown its assets to more than fourteen billion dollars.
FirstBank offers non-recourse loans to the majority of Colorado, the Phoenix Metro Area in Arizona, all of Southern California and also Central California including the Inland Empire and High Desert areas.
The maximum loan-to-value is 65%. Typical loan products are 15 year fixed rate mortgage and 7/1 or 5/1 ARM that can be amortized over 15 or 30 years with a matching maturity.
Generally, the bank can complete a transaction in about 35 days for someone who has checkbook control and/or where the IRA owner is signing on behalf of their plan or LLC. There is no minimum or maximum loan amounts.
- 75% of projected rents must cover principal, interest, taxes and insurance (PITI payments) for 1-4 family residences. No lease is required at closing
- An analysis of personal debt service, net worth, and credit is required
- The underlying participant(s) must meet minimum credit standard of a 680
Mark Robbins, CEO, of Lending Resources Group has been a pioneer in helping IRA investors obtain non-recourse loans for their real estate investments, since they became available to the public in 2004. Mark was the first Mortgage Banker in the U.S. at a major mortgage banking company to offer non-recourse loans to IRA investors nationwide.Mark formed Lending Resources Group, Inc. in 2008 and continues to facilitate non-recourse loans for IRA investors from coast to coast.
LRG has helped investors obtain these loans for all types of real estate from single family homes and condominiums to duplexes, 4-plexes, multi-family apartment buildings and commercial properties. LRG has also used its wide array of private sources to fund non-recourse loans that the banks refuse to do.
Pacific Crest Savings Bank was established in 1984 as Phoenix Mortgage and converted to a Washington State-charted, federally insured savings bank in 1998. PCSB combines the advantages of independent ownership with three decades of experience to offer the highest level of customer service.
They offer non-recourse loans to investment properties in Western Washington State that are held in a self-directed retirement plan such as Solo 401(k), IRA and more. Pacific Crest offers loans to purchase, rate and term refinance, and cash out refinance.
- The maximum loan-to-value is 50%
- Positive cash flow are required.
Pacific Southwest Realty Services is a full service mortgage banking company providing our clients with a wide spectrum of financing instruments such as fixed or floating rate mortgages, equity, mezzanine debt, bridge and construction financing.
Life Company CRE Loans offer top-off loan during term, no reserves or impounds, flexible prepay terms, and lock rate immediately at loan application. All loan documents and terms are negotiable.
- $1 Million to $100 Million
- All commercial property types
- Single asset or portfolio
- Interest-only available
- Fixed terms up to 30 years
- Amortization up to 30 years
JMAC Funding is a group of private lenders located in San Diego, California who provides fast Private Hard Money Loans in California. We also buy real estate notes nationwide.
JMAC Funding offers non-recourse loans to self directed IRA LLCs that hold real estate. We are equity based lenders and we make purchase money and cash out refi loans on commercial, residential and land in California only. The loans can be structured as rehab loans or new construction, as well as for rentals. Loan terms are usually short term 5yr max, and project dependent. For rentals the project must be (or projected to be) cash flow positive with the loan in place.
- Max Loan to Value (LTV) of 65%
- Loan Amounts from $30K and up
- Commercial, Residential and Land
- Max term: 5 years
Peak Asset Lending provides non-recourse loans for residential investment property. 30 year term available and no pre-payment penalties. Rate from 7.75% and up to 65% LTV available.
Financing available in markets within AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MO, MS, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN and TX. The easiest way to get pre-approved is the “Get Started” button at peakassetlending.com
- 30 years fully amortized and no pre-payment penalties
- Max loan amount typically $300,000. No minimum loan amount.
- We care about the rental income over the payment amount but we will do higher loan amounts under 55% LTV
- 50-65% LTV depending on the loan amount. Over $100,000 = 65%
- Rehab financing is available (with full 30 year terms available even for fix and flips).
- Up to 80% of purchase advanced at closing, and up to 80% of repair funds available for reimbursement upon completion.
- Clients can be foreign nationals as well
- We lend into specific markets. (typically cities over 500,000 in population.
Urban Standard offers lending options in major metropolitains, nationwide and specializes in Freddie Mac and CMBS financing. Urban Standard is able to provide non-recourse, Freddie Mac loans for those who wish to borrower against their 401k for an apartment purchase or refinance.
- 5 year fixed period, and then 15-year Hybrid ARM
- Loan amount: $750k-$5 million
- 83% LTV
- Loan purpose: Aquisition or Refinance (Cash Out Available)
- Eligible Properties: 5+ units and mixed use
- Networth equal to or exceeding loan amount, Liquidity equal to or greater than 9 months P&I prior to closing
- Minimum FICO score of 650
Alternate investment options you get with a Self Directed Solo 401k:
Stock & Funds
Financial Concepts that Make Sense!
Greater Flexibility. Investment Freedom. Hassle-Free Management.