Solo 401k Loan Calculator:
Amortization Schedule and Loan Payments
Instructions for using the Solo 401k Loan Calculator:
- Principal – enter the loan amount
- Terms – enter number of years (no more than 5)
- Interest Rate – enter loan interest rate
- Click Calculate. Be sure to print out amortization schedule for your records in order to make the loan payments on schedule.
To print loan summary and loan amortization schedule click on one of the calculators below to open calculator in the new window:
There are no restrictions regarding the use of the Solo 401k loan. It can be used for repayment of personal debt at the high interest rate, to purchase personal goods, pay student tuition, etc. It can be even used for a transaction that would otherwise be prohibited within a Solo 401k.
Solo 401k Plan account holders are allowed by law (IRC Section 72(p)) to obtain a loan from their Qualified Plans (known as Individual K or Solo 401k) if the plan documents are permitting such loan. The solo 401k loan provide a way for participants to have access to their retirement funds without taxes and penalties.
- A Solo 401k loan can be taken at any time from the balance in the account.
- The term of the loan is typically five years or less.
- Payments must be made at least quarterly or monthly.
- The maximum loan amount is $50,000 or 50 percent of the value in the account (whichever is less)
- A reasonable rate must be set. Solo 401k loan rules allow the rate to be as low as the Prime Rate. The reasonable interest rate would be similar to the rates charged by commercial lender for a loan made under similar conditions. An example would be Prime Rate + 1%.
- The loan interest rate is to remain the same during the life of the loan as specified on the loan application.
Solo 401k Quick Tip:
Alternate investment options you get with a Self Directed Solo 401k:
Stock & Funds
Financial Concepts that Make Sense!
Greater Flexibility. Investment Freedom. Hassle-Free Management.